8.21.2009

Can't Believe I'm Blogging During the Day...

But Nate is asleep! WHAT!?!? He's been fighting a daytime nap for weeks now (he's gone up to 3 days straight with no nap) and today he's taken TWO! Not long ones... but this is a start at least. Here he is right now. (Yes, on Mommy & Daddy's bed... oh well. We're working on the transition.)

notice the green paci...


I should emphasize that he is a good sleeper at night - although he usually wakes up at least 3 times, he goes right back to sleep, and he sleeps in his own bed. So I really shouldn't be complaining, should I?

This has been a crazy busy week - the busiest week I've had since Nate was born. I started tutoring again, two days a week, so every Tuesday and Thursday at promptly 8:30 I pack up my books, diaper bag, lunch, and baby and head out for the better part of the day. Tuesday was a little rough for Nate (it was day 2 of a not napping streak). Thursday was better - he slept most of the time (in the sling, but oh well.) This child is going to know more Latin and Geometry than any other kid his age - and hopefully he'll pick up on some of the piano lessons, too.

We are planning a trip to Colorado at the end of September with my family (or Radacolo according to my brother Joe). I'm very excited - we haven't left the state since our honeymoon last summer. (I take that back - we crossed the state line when we went to the Baehr's house at Christmas time. Missouri, whoo-hoo. And we went to the Plaza, which is in Missouri too, I guess, but only by about 2 blocks).

Speaking of my family - my brother Pat (almost 7) has decided that Nathan is his favorite nephew. Which is great! considering he has no others... he'll just randomly say "Oh Mom, I love my nephew Nathan. He is such a little stinker." It's quite cute. :)

Nathan has a second cousin now! My cousin Erin had her baby yesterday - a little girl, named Kiah. They live in Indiana, so it might be a while before we get to see her (see my aforementioned dedication to staying within the boundaries of the state of Kansas.)

Well that nap was short-lived! I never understood power naps - so many people have told me that power naps are what got them through college. I was always a "I'm-taking-a-nap-so-please-don't-disturb-me-for-3-hours" kind of girl. Still am. Obviously my son takes after his father...


the Radacolo boy with Nate the day after he was born

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo funny! I never really understood power naps either. Thank heavens my son takes after me, so we get along pretty well. We'll see what #2 is like!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks for leaving me one!