1.05.2010

A Hooded Towel...

that's actually big enough to wrap around a baby!


Picture of the baby wrapped up in it to come soon. He's in bed for the night.

I think I made the hood waaaay too big - toddler size. Oh well. He'll grow into it. I might just have to make another one. or two. And the plush towels are on sale at Target right now too... hmm.

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! I've made several of these for G and as gifts, sans the eyes...cute idea!! Do you just use a bath towel and then a rag as the hood? Such a simple little project. If you fold the rag for the hood up and hem it and then put tucks in the towel as you sew the hood on it makes them a bit smaller. Gemma still uses hers though with plenty of room to grow. Definitely not great for newborns though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica - I actually used another towel for the hood and just cut it in half, since the large towels were only $1 more than the hand towels, and I knew I would reuse the other half for something and it would be cheaper in the end.
    I did put a pleat in the back below the hood, but I didn't think of doing more than 1 to make it smaller - that's a good idea! I'll have to keep that in mind when I make some for this next baby. I love how much thicker and cozier it is than the store bought ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks for leaving me one!