3.13.2010

Lazy Saturday

Saturday has always kind of been a let-down day for me. All week long, everyone complains about how the weekend is SO far away, including me. (Or at least back in my M-F school/work days.) But once Saturday comes, unless I have something specific planned, it's kind of just a boring, lazy day. And while it might be nice to sleep in, I always regret it - I hate the way I feel when I've slept in late. The day is half-wasted and I lose any ounce of motivation I might have had. The fact that Saturday is now not really the "weekend" for us hasn't changed my feelings towards this day. (Brian typically has his 2 days off during the week and works Saturday and Sunday, so today Nate and I are home alone until he gets off at 7.)

The dreary clouds make this Saturday even worse. If it were sunny and warm, we would go on a walk or to the park, or at least open the blinds and enjoy the sun inside the house. But it's gray and cold outside, and rain is probably in the forecast yet again today. (Although I am extremely grateful for the few spring-like days we had earlier this week!)

We got a new camera earlier this week - a Canon Rebel DSLR. Oh yes. It is very high-tech and professional looking. Brian had been trying to talk me into it for a while now... so we finally ordered it and got it Tuesday. Now if I can just figure out how to utilize all the features! Thankfully I've been practicing with our point-and-shoot camera in manual mode the last few weeks, just for the heck of it, so I already *sort of* know how to work some of the settings. I can't wait until we can spend a lot of time outdoors - pictures always look better with natural light!

We went out on our deck the other day to play/practice with the camera. Here are a couple of the shots - if the lighting is too bright or too dim... well... that's why I was practicing. ;)

Mr. I'm-So-Cool-I-Can-Stand: he has been pulling up on things and it's so exciting, but kind of scary for me! He hasn't gotten hurt... yet.

This is pretty much my favorite picture - he fake-smiles for the camera. Such a ham. :)
(And apparently the fact that the fence behind him is blurry means I did a good job with the focus on this picture. Or so Brian says. I don't really know much about this stuff.)

**********
I really should take advantage of this nap-time and clean, or work on the binding for Nate's quilt (which is all done! except the binding. haha.), or SOMETHING productive. But alas, it's Saturday... and I'm feeling lazy.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...I hate sleeping late and I had to go a coffee shop specifically to make phone calls, read, and write emails so I wouldn't waste my day watching TV or being lazy. Nate is adorable...he looks like Brian in the pic with his eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks for leaving me one!