5.31.2012

Birthday Season




We've had 2 birthdays in the last week and are preparing diligently for a big birthday bash on Sunday.



Our party theme is Thomas the Tank Engine meets raccoons. That's what they picked! Nate chose Thomas, of course.

Raccoon decorations made from paper hanging lanterns. In the process of making five more!

I like to make a big deal of birthdays, especially since we will do the boys' party together for the foreseeable future. We have a little celebration at home on their actual birthday, but for their real party with grandparents and aunts and uncles, it's just too hard for people to come to parties two weekends in a row (right around Memorial Day weekend and lots of graduation parties, no less). So for now, we pick a theme and do some fun decorations, a pinata, things like that. No pony rides or anything super spendy. ;) Is it for me as much as them? Maybe, a little bit. But I love it. I enjoy making cakes and decorations. It's my thing. :)

2 comments:

  1. It is definitely your thing! You are the best party planner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thomas is awfully popular in this house as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; thanks for leaving me one!